REALTOR SAFETY ALWAYS COME FIRST…
We hope the following Tips and Reminders will help you keep safe.
(This information has been provided by CREA)
Trust your instincts. you should always listen to what your sense tells you. If a person is making you feel uncomfortable, or you're being led to a situation you feel you can't control, get out. Whatever reasons you might have to stay, they're not worth your life.
You should also be aware of your surroundings. Don't let yourself be manipulated, trapped or isolated, and be ready to react quickly if you think that's what is happening.
NEW LifeLine Response – Realtor Safety App.
The Alberta Real Estate Association has introduced the LifeLine Response Realtor Safety App. as a Premier Mobile Safety app for IPhone and Android Users.
This app is free to all existing AREA members.
To learn more about LifeLine Response Realtor Safety App and how it can be used for Safety of you and/or your team click the link below.
Download the App from the App Store
Click Below to listen to In Your AREA! Podcast two-part episode on Realtor safety.
Alberta Occupational Health & Safety
Sutton Group CanWest follows the established Health and Safety Guidelines put forth by Alberta Occupational Health & Safety standards. We have a Realtor Safety committee in each of our offices, to enhance and support our Realtors in all their Safety needs.
Health and Safety Committee Manager: Ed Jensen
Vista Realtor Health and Safety Committee Rep:
Hawkwood Realtor Health and Safety Committee Rep:
All Health and Safety Committee members can be contacted though their office.
The role of the HSC (Health & Safety Committee) is to advise & assist management with addressing safety concerns, issues and processes in the work place.
This HSC is responsible for:
• addressing concerns and complaints about the health and safety of workers
• identifying and clearly communicating worksite hazards to workers or other persons
• Developing, promoting and evaluating measures to protect the health and safety of all employees
• cooperating with Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Officers exercising duties under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, the Regulations, and the Code
• developing and promoting programs for education and information concerning health and safety
• making recommendations to the broker respecting the health and safety of workers
• investigating in serious injuries and incidents at the worksite
• maintaining records on concerns and complaints received
• attending other matters relating to the duties of the committee
• performing additional duties as may be specified in the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations and Code
Click Hereto see Occupational Health & Safety poster “Working- Know your Rights”
More Info to Follow-Thanks Ed